[haiku-development] Re: heap freelist problem?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 19:15:43 +0100 CET

Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Michael Lotz wrote (2008-02-03, 16:48:17 [+0100]):
> > Now the question is what to do. Should we disable that debug code
> > or
> > should we try to improve the performance somehow?
> Nice catch, Jonas + Michael! Is the paranoid check the reason for the
> "blah, blah already in bin free list!" kernel panic? I do get those
> panics
> from time to time, so maybe it is better to leave the check in there
> yet.

Indeed, nice catch :-)
I would also vote for keeping this enabled for now. Maybe sorting the
list will give a better overall performance for that feature; or just
removing older entries earlier. Eventually, we could turn it off for
the alpha release, though, once we don't see that panic too often :-))

Bye,
   Axel.