[haiku-development] Re: haiku-java?

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 13:00:16 +0100

Hi,

Am 09.11.2010 11:45, schrieb Andreas Weber:
Is haiko supporting/going to support java?
Just want to make sure before I invest development time on this ;-)

Your post is quite ambiguous:

When writing applications in Java, you are not supposed to invest development time in a specific platform, are you? You concentrate on your application and the platform specific details are the responsibility of the runtime environment of whatever platform your software is run on.

Thus you may be asking if Haiku is going to embrace Java, should a port become available. Are you saying you would be willing to invest development time in a port of OpenJDK and don't want to do this unless the Haiku project would embrace Java (i.e. include it in official distributions)? Reading your email like that makes more sense to me, but I am not sure this is what you mean. Can you please clarify?

Best regards,
-Stephan