[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-development]multiuser discussion from BFS drivers thread

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 09:16:32 +0000

Sean Collins <smc.collins@comcast wrote:
     while I think Multi-User is nice  [...] it falls far outside
    the scope of the original mission statement of R5 compatibility.

John Scipione wrote:
I think multi-user support should wait for R2, and even then maybe not, perhaps it could be pushed off indefinitely.

Calm down! R1 won't be multi-user, but it makes sense to bear in mind a multi-user setting when designing things like filesystem layouts for new features.

There is certainly demand from the devs for multi-user support, so I am sure it will happen in future, but I'd bet there will be an option to use Haiku as a purely single-user system if you want.

Simon