[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-development] src_libs_compat_freebsd_network_compat_sys_param.h.diff

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:35:10 +0200 CEST

> On 2008-05-28 at 17:56:04 [+0200], François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> [...]
> > > Regarding error codes, the cleanest solution would be to put the
> > > POSIX
> > > error codes in <errno.h> and include that from <Errors.h>, so
> > > that Be
> > > API
> > > definitions don't pollute the POSIX namespace. This is somewhat
> > > ugly
> > > though, due to the way some POSIX error codes are defined ATM
> > > (synonymous
> > > to Be error codes).
> >
> > It's still less ugly, and it's still logical anyway, we define
> > POSIX
> > errors as a subset of system errors, it's normal to define them
> > from
> > the later.
>
> Just to be clear, you prefer a posix/be_errors.h header with
> basically the
> same contents as the current os/support/Errors.h, and both posix/
> errno.h
> and os/support/Errors.h would include posix/be_errors.h, right?

I prefer any that doesn't include something from os/ in posix/ headers.
As for a common header or all in errno.h I don't have a strong
position.

Btw, do we have a header graph around ?
I recall writing a script to do that once with graphviz, but I suppose
there are tools for that (doxy ?), maybe even some to validate standard
-imposed dependancies ( foo.h shall only include bar.h, and only when
_FOO_SOURCE...)

François.