[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-commits] Re: r40675 - in haiku/branches/features/package-management: build/jam build/scripts data/system/boot headers/os/storage src/system/boot/loader ...

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:48:41 -0500

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's why I asked the question. Both folders have the same function. The
> only difference is that one is per user and the other is system-wide. The
> difference in structure complicates things for the common user. If they
> mirrored each other, it's a lot easier to understand. And that's Haiku to
> me.

Except that's already not the case. /boot/system has the same
hierarchy under it as /boot/common and /boot/home/config, and it
doesn't have a config prefix either. You're simply adding an extra
subdirectory for no good purpose, it really doesn't make anything
simpler to understand IMHO.

Regards,

Rene