[haiku-development] Re: #haiku is locked to new devs/users

  • From: gus knight <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development ML <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 08:50:31 -0400

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 1:57 AM, Thomas Mueller <mueller6723@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Well stated! A case where the remedy is worse than the disease.

I'm not sure about that. A quick survey we ran before we enabled this
showed that a large percentage (90/120, IIRC) of people in #haiku
already authenticate by default. There are a large number of people in
#haiku who never talk, so we thought that adding this flag would only
serve to inconvenience people while they set up NickServ / added their
password into Vision's settings / etc.

I've removed the flag, for now at least.

-gus