[haiku-development] Re: [haiku] Re: NetPositive missing symbol?

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 10:07:01 -0800 (PST)

Quoth =?UTF-8?B?U3RlcGhhbiBBw59tdXM=?= <superstippi@xxxxxx>,
> Am 07.02.2012 10:40, schrieb François Revol:
>> On 07/02/2012 10:29, "Axel Dörfler" wrote:
>>> I guess we should better disable IPv6 for some time then. The easiest way
>>> to do this (beyond removing its modules) would be to disable it in
>>> getaddrinfo() the way it has been before recently.
>>
>> How about we fix it instead ?
>> The world is going IPv6 definitely on 6th of june this year, that's not
>> very far ahead, so better be ready...
>
> How about we disable it now, fix it and then enable it again, before
> June 6? :-P

Beyond the quick disable in getaddrinfo, I imagine the correct fix
would turn out to be similar in principle - to enable/disable IPv6
resolution in getaddrinfo, per host configuration.

I have seen online documentation where irs.conf appears to offer
that option - like, "hosts dns4".  But so far I haven't been able to
track down the libbind version that supports this - it looks to me
like ours, and standard libbind-6.0, don't support dns4/dns6, only
"dns" in irs.conf.

Something like that, anyway, would allow IPv6 support to go on
evolving on hosts that have useful IPv6 connections, and not get
in the way on hosts that don't.

        Donn