[haiku-development] Re: gsoc 2010 c++ network stack framework for curl

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:52:46 +0200

Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A wrapper can work in a first prototype (while developing), but I
> think Haiku devs expect something more fitting for Haiku. The code
> would probably need to be mostly written from scratch, but if the
> licensing permits using code from other projects should be ok.

I don't see why we cannot have a networking API that wraps around curl
or Chrome's network framework - as long as it has no limitations because
of that, reusing other people's code is always a good idea.
If we find out at some point, that the backend isn't doing all we want,
we could just change the parts that need change, much like what we're
doing with a lot of other stuff, too.

Bye,
   Axel.