[haiku-development] Re: get_token_list() and get_window_info()

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 09:03:52 -0600

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Mauro de Wit <maurodewit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I copy the method signature from the Deskbar source (interfacePrivate.h)
> to my own header file, doesn't the compiler expect me to implement those
> methods in my cpp file? My developer platform is R5, but this should't
> matter right?

That might actually matter since there's no guarantee that Haiku's
private calls have the same signature as those of R5. As Stefano
already said, the compiler doesn't care about the implementation until
the linker stage, at which point it will try to match it in every
available library that's being included in the link, ergo if it exists
in libbe, it will be found at that stage. Some specifics as to what
error you're seeing exactly would help ascertain exactly what the
problem is though.

Regards,

Rene