[haiku-development] Re: gcc2.95.3??

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 09:08:18 +0200

Am 09.05.2012 07:56, schrieb John Scipione:
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 12:54 AM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I am scratching my head here on this one a bit.

    I am getting an error "cast specifies signature type" when I set a
    pointer to a member function to NULL on gcc2 built on Mac OS X 10.7
    Lion, but not gcc2 build on 10.6 Snow Leopard. That is weird enough
    but it gets stranger.

[...]

    And worse yet, how do I fix this bug in gcc2 now?

This question still remains though, perhaps I can back-port a fix from
the gcc sources. Although, I was expecting to see the bug fixed after
2001, not in 1999. Since this is gcc2 and binary compatibility is
critical here, I'd like someone with more experience in this area to
check out the code and see if there is anything I can do to fix this.

What GCC2 are your talking about, the one included in the buildtools for Haiku? If so, shouldn't you have the same buildtools source code in Lion and Snow Leopard? I would concentrate on that question... unless I am missing something and you are not talking about Haiku's GGC2.

Best regards,
-Stephan