[haiku-development] Re: file modification watching

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 23:58:36 -0500

and the second time to send the message with the extended information.

Sending two messages in unnecessary overhead. I would just send the extended
message to all listeners, if any listener requires it. The node monitoring
service notify methods first collect the listeners and then construct the
message to be sent, so in between the flags could be checked to decide whether
or not to add the extra fields to the message.

CU, Ingo

Instead of sending messages can API calls be implemented to manually gain access to the information?? Merely a way to "convert" a node[_ref] to an entry[_ref], perhaps??

status_t convert_node_to_entry(const BNode&, BEntry*);
status_t convert_node_to_entry(const node_ref&, entry_ref *);

status_t BNode::GetEntry(BEntry*);
status_t BNode::GetEntryRef(entry_ref*);

Just my thoughts..

(different  topic:)
Back from vacation, will be pushing out my Package Manager GUI soon for input...

--The loon