[haiku-development] Re: ext3 Journal WIP patch

  • From: Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:28:58 +0200

Hi Janito,

2010/4/16 Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> It probably contains errors, so if someone spots one, please tell me. As
> soon as I can get it to compile tomorrow, and if it's worthy to become a
> real patch, I'll post it on Trac. Feel free to post opinions, criticism,

Here are a few comments:
* Journal structs probably need a _PACKED attribute.
* The journal should care if the volume is mounted read only or not.
* I'm not sure it's useful at first to support having the journal on a
different volume.

BTW I'm wondering if it would be preferable to share some journal code with BFS.

Bye,
Jérôme