[haiku-development] Re: ext3 Journal Design Considerations

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 23:12:33 -0700

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Alexander Botero-Lowry
<alex.boterolowry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As well as
> pretty much any other IO-layering thing you want to do like
> ... disk encryption...

I have some real-world experience with disk encryption, including an
AES encryptor written in a combination of ARM and Thumb assembly code.

I am up to my eyeballs in alligators ATM, so I'm not able to produce
actual source, but maybe I can yield some helpful insights.

(Thumb is a compressed subset of ARM that achieves greater code
density through the use of 16-bit opcodes.  Thumb is a 32-bit
Instruction Set Architecture, just like ARM, it's just that the
machine operations are encoded differently.)

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com