[haiku-development] Re: documentation/help with layout system needed

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:50:10 +0200

On 2008-08-27 at 00:03:05 [+0200], julun <host.haiku@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Ingo Weinhold schrieb:
> >> I had a certain width for my dialog with some elements like this:
> >>
> >> |- BBox -----------------------------------------------------------|
> >> |
> >> |  PopUpMenu                                            BButton    |

> >> I was interested to span the popup menu bar over the whole length
> >> close to the button by setting PopUpMenu CreateMenuBarLayoutItem
> >> SetExplicitMinSize(BSize(button height, B_SIZE_UNLIMITED )).
> >
> > Assuming that the PopUpMenu is a BMenuField and your BBox has a horizontal
> > group layout, you added the menu field items and the button in that order,
> > and also assuming the BSize() parameters were actually the other way
> > around,
> > that still doesn't achieve what you want.
>
> Yes, i did it that way. I was just typing what i remembered so far,
> got mixed up  :(
>
> > You should set the item's maximum
> > size to BSize(B_SIZE_UNLIMITED, B_SIZE_UNSET).
>
> If i looked correctly the MenuBarLayoutItem ctor set's this value,
> still no luck.

Mmh, not sure if it shouldn't do that. I guess instead the BaseMaxSize()
should report the correct values (i.e. unlimited width and min height). In
either case the behavior should be the same, though.

> I will go back to this and see what might be wrong.

There's also a bit of optional debug output in TwoDimensionalLayout.cpp that
might help tracking the problem down.

CU, Ingo