[haiku-development] Re: disable fs write cache?

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 19:02:50 -0400

Marcus Jacob wrote:
Hi,

is there a way to disable the fs write cache? The recently introdused loss of files after a crash makes it impossible for me to work with my system anymore ...

+1

I also experienced a loss of changes that I had made over a period of about an hour when Haiku locked up. When I rebooted, all the changes that were made were gone. Why would anyone want to keep a file somewhere in a cache in memory instead of actually writing it back to the file system shortly after the file is saved. This occurred under r27742.

Best regards,
Gerald