[haiku-development] Re: device_manager: driver in use to userspace

  • From: Pieter Panman <pieter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:10:21 +0200

Hi Alex,

> Tested your preflet, nice work so far :) Concerning displaying the
> driver in use, i think it could be a nice addition, would be nice also
> if that info was visible from e.g the screen preflet, to help with
> troubleshooting. (or just vesa/non-vesa)

Thanks for checking it out. It can't be hard to add it to the Screen
preflet, once this is implemented for the Devices.

Maybe in the meantime we can use the information from François about the
syscall. I assume you're talking about this: ?

http://haiku.it.su.se:8180/source/xref/src/system/kernel/device_manager/devfs.cpp#1487
B_GET_DRIVER_FOR_DEVICE is ifdef'd out, but B_GET_PATH_FOR_DEVICE looks
like it might work.

I will have a look at it in a while.

Regards,
Pieter