[haiku-development] Re: deskbar replicant

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 10:03:42 +0200

Hi,

Am 03.09.2014 08:57, schrieb varjosanomat:
Is it possible to remove the volume control desk bar replicant?

Yes. One way is to run Media preferences and uncheck the checkmark which is somewhere in there.

Is there any guard in place for misbehaving deskBar replicants?

Interesting question. I am pretty sure there is no such thing, but there should be. At the moment, deskbar replicants are snippets of code loaded from another application, then a BView is unarchived placed into the Deskbar view hierarchy and the foreign code runs within the normal BWindow event loop as if the BView were part of the Deskbar's code to begin with. Maybe it is possible to change BShelf in such a way that it can detect and prevent lock ups, I haven't looked into it. It would be a worthwhile project for sure if anyone is interested.

Best regards,
-Stephan