[haiku-development] Re: co-ordination for release of alpha

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:02:44 +0000

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Dennis d'Entremont
<dennis.dentremont@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> see this
>> http://www.haikuware.com/bounties/alpha-bug-squashing-bounty
>>

> Unfortunately, this guy accepted the bounty but then disappeared. Karl said
> he was going to try and get someone else from the same site he recruited
> this person. Hopefully the next time the dev will not disappear.
>
> TheNerd

Harsha was around the #haiku channel for a couple weeks or so and was
even taking a close look at things, but the alpha tickets are not easy
things to tackle, if they were they'd already be done.
Maybe rethink that specific bounty and target one or two of the alpha
tickets or pick out some others that might be doable by someone just
coming into the project.  There's a handful of tickets about "missing
functions" or search for "easy" that'll point out a lot of low hanging
fruit that newcomers could cut their teeth on before trying to tackle
the big items.

And as for Hubert, if you are a programmer then roll up your sleeves
and get started, I don't recall seeing your name on the commit list
yet.  Most of the alpha tickets are being chipped away at.

-scottmc