[haiku-development] config.guess/.sub

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:29:12 +0000

Any reason why we're not including the latest config.guess /
config.sub files from gnulib in haiku, rather than patching older
versions to add haiku support to them?
The latest versions can be obtained from gnulib:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob_plain;f=build-aux/config.guess
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob_plain;f=build-aux/config.sub
I usually look for the timestamp and if I see a timestamp of 1-23-2008
or earlier I assume it's not been updated for Haiku.
This is probably the number one issue I run into when trying to port a
package, is that they have an old (sometimes years old) config.guess,
so when sending patches back upstream I usually remind them to also
update those files.
-scottmc