[haiku-development] Re: coding style (was: Cleaned up Application.h)

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:30:41 +0100 (CET)

> "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Count me as one of the proponents of the "alternative" format. We had
>> this discussion a few times now and I think we always came to the
>> conclusion that it is really a matter of taste and being used to.
> [...]
>> P.S.: While we are at discussing matters of taste, we could also
>> again
>> argue about the pros and cons of "char *variable;" and "char*
>> variable;" ;-)
>
> Since I was more or less the only proponent of our current style here
> (IIRC), to get this over with, how about we compromise to the
> following:
> * use column style for classes
Don't know what this meens but I will adapt anyway ;)

> * don't indent public/private (saves a tab)
> * use "char* variable" instead of "char *variable" in C++ code
> * don't use ", fMyMember(...)" initializers (my greetings to Stippi ;-
> )), but "fMyMember(...),"
>
> Does that make everybody happy somehow? :-)
> And even more important: does that sound like something everyone is
> able to follow?
>
> Bye,
>    Axel.

How about
if (...) {

} else {

}

but rather use the tighter one
if(...){

}else{

}

Or are this so small thing that we don't bather and let people do as they
wish as long the '{' and '}' (don't know what they are in English) are one
the same row as the if and else?

Perhaps we should have a must part, these are things that must applied,
and a part that are more of a wish but it&#8217;s more important to have
the code written?

but what do I know I'm a C# developer in Windows :)

--
MVH
Fredrik Modéen