[haiku-development] Re: checkfs in Installer and DriveSetup

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:55:00 +0100

Hi,

> Maybe we should change Installer to 'checkfs' non-empty target
> volumes prior to copying the files over. Or at least provide an
> option to do so.

The later would be good, yes.

> This would also be a welcome addition to DriveSetup, IMO.

What checkfs does is already in the Disk Device System API, IIRC, which is what
DriveSetup uses as well. It shouldn't be that much work to add this, if someone
is interested. In any case it's easy to work off of existing code like checkfs
in this case.

Best regards,
-Stephan