[haiku-development] Re: checkfs

  • From: David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:11:02 +1000

2009/6/4 David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>:

>>> Just unfinished apparently.
>>>
>>> I have a NTFS recovery partition and I think a linux partition as well.
>>
>> As a workaround, you can try to add your partition type in the array
>> kPartitionTypes in this file:
>> src/add-ons/kernel/partitioning_systems/intel/PartitionMap.cpp.
>> Be sure to rebuild the intel disk_system then.
>
> I will have a look at that.
>
> But the latest revision no longer boots on my EeePC so I might have to
> wait for more work to be done anyway.

I think I figured out the booting problem.

The new builds have virtual memory on by default and the value it
chose was larger than the free space on the drive.  When that happens
the boot fails.  I noticed this previously when I set the value too
high accidently.

This I will raise a issue on.  It should either reduce the size
automatically or turn off virtual memory and continue.

--
Cheers
David