[haiku-development] Re: buildtools for mips

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:25:17 +0200 CEST

zhan han <zhanhan.cn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> The same on linux kernel build options, depends on toolchains.
> So, check your toolchains patch.
>
> 2009/4/19 Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > zhan han <zhanhan.cn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I think you have noticed that Jam settings
> > > need some patch.
> > >

> > Yes, I´ve started to work on that:
> > http://www.kirilla.com/tmp/mips_4/
> >
> > See
> > http://www.kirilla.com/tmp/mips_4/build.jam.BuildSetup.diff
> >
> > I´m not a 100% certain on this part:
> >
> > +if $(HAIKU_ARCH) = mipsel {
> > +       # We don't need a PIC kernel as it's always at the same
> > place.
> > +       HAIKU_KERNEL_PIC_CCFLAGS = -fno-pic ;
> > +       HAIKU_KERNEL_PIC_LINKFLAGS = ;
> > +}
> >
> > (FWIW, in the classic 32-bit memory layout the
> > interrupt vectors are a fixed location, IIRC.
> >
> > I need to read up on all of these things.)
> >
> > /Jonas.

Hi zhan,

I don´t understand. Could you rephrase that?

Maybe something like this:
_ is the same as _ on linux kernel build options.
_ depends on _ toolchains.
(filling in the blanks)

Are you talking about how to get the N32 ABI or are you
replying on something specific in the conversation
quoted above? (Like whether the Haiku kernel needs to
be built with or without the -fno-pic flag?)

Some email-technical advice:
It´s often easier to follow a mailing list conversation
when everyone replies not at the top, but at the bottom
or inline, quoting only the contents necessary for the
continued conversation - removing the paragraphs you´re
not replying to.

Anyway, I really do appreciate your help. :)
And I will definitely review my patches again.

Thanks,
Jonas.