[haiku-development] Re: building toolchain

  • From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:13:00 +0200

* Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> schrieb:

> This also touches on how to set up the headers etc., which ticket
> #1844 is about.
> That information is presumably spread over the Jamfiles, build/jam/
> OptionalPackages for the Development* packages might be a start.

hmm, I'll have a look at it :)

As I'm trying to integrate the Haiku toolchain into crosstool-ng,
it's necessary to get the changes to the individual packages
separately (eg. as text-based patches).

IMHO it's best to move these packages out to their own git
repos (always directly based on the upstream tree), so other's
(including upstream) can easily pick the changes from there
and patches can be extracted automatically.
(The current fat svn tree makes that quite hard, since the svn
data model lacks important information, eg. clear branching
and history DAG ...)

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@xxxxxxxx
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666