[haiku-development] Re: /bin/cc

  • From: "Raymond C. Rodgers" <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:17:18 -0400

François Revol wrote:
On 2009-03-24 at 18:05:03 [+0100], François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Someone reported me we are missing /bin/cc like BeOS had.
For example it seems to be used in OSS:

/boot/home/mercurial.opensound.com/setup/setupdir.sh: line 82: cc:
command not found
The reporter is mistaken.

Well I noticed it to be missing here as well...

I'd likely use "$@" instead of $* though.
Feel free to change that (src/bin/{cc,c++}.

But I suppose we both didn't add the Development optional package.

François.

If I'm not mistaken (and I might very well be), the default BeOS .profile set the CC environmental variable to gcc a la:

set CC=gcc
export CC

Or something similar. The fact that Haiku doesn't do this by default makes compiling (Themis at least) by default slightly more difficult because I have to do that manually on each boot or set it in the .profile myself when I do a new build of Haiku. Not a big deal really, but that does seem to fix the problem for me at least.

Raymond