[haiku-development] Re: big_synth.sy considered harmful

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 20:12:18 -0500

pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I can see both sides.  Personally I'd prefer a separate preflet, but
I understand the desire to limit the items in that folder.

In either case, though, it shouldn't be a "Midi" preference, because it
has nothing to do with the general behaviour of the MidiKit.  "Synth"
would be a more appropriate label, as that is what it would control.

        -- Pete --

Most users won't associate "synth" with midi, musicians and those interested in midi will however. I also still strongly feel that midi needs it's own preflet, either that or you start getting obfuscated interfaces that are difficult to understand and use. We get panels hidden under tabs that are non intuitive.EG having to search for settings, isn't a fun task.

Sean