[haiku-development] Re: bfs_shell: error "cp -r"

  • From: Jens Arm <Jens.Arm@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:44:30 +0200

> You have to pass "--use-xattr" to Haiku's configure script. That does, of
> course, require that you enable xattr support in your kernel and mount your
> file system with xattr support. How to do that, I'm sure, there are tutorials
> to be found on the internet. Maybe someone has a URL ready.

I want to go without xattr in kernel.

> > My test dir /tmp/bfsTest and the bfs-Filesystem was newly generated right
> > before the mail I wrote.
>
> If the problem is what I guessed, then neither matters. On host systems
> without BeOS attributes the build system (including the bfs_shell) has to
> emulate those. If xattr support has been enabled, it does so by using xattrs,
> otherwise it creates an "attributes" directory in the "generated" directory
> and stores the attributes there. If the "attributes" directory is made
> inaccessible (e.g. by removing or renaming "generated" or unmounting the file
> system), the bfs_shell's cp command will fail opening the attribute directory
> of any host file (and thus the file itself), regardless of whether the file
> has any attributes or when/how it has been created.

Yes, you are right, i have deleted "generated", because I have the bfs_shell
binary im my path and do not need the haiku source and the build files.
Can you change this behavior? e.g. generating in /tmp/ or doing attributes in
RAM or ignoring?

bfs_fuse is working if generated is deleted is it ignoring the attributes?

Jens