[haiku-development] Re: away from keyboard

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 06:59:43 -0700

> I'm taking a break from Haiku for a while, and suggest that my
> "commit bit" is cleared. Please don't read too much into this.
> (It's not you, it's me. ;)
>
> I will still be around sort of, so no need for goodbyes.
>
> BTW, ArmyKnife could use some love. It's on OsDrawer.
> Talk to Scott or Ryan if you're interested. There's a lot
> of untapped functionality in TagLib and I know Dane Scott
> (TuneTracker Systems) has some ideas for it.
>
> /Jonas.

There's a ticket tracker for ArmyKnife, so if you or anyone else has
some improvement ideas for it, be sure to post a new ticket there.
Then if a developer comes along looking for something interesting to
work on they just might pick it up.  That or you'll be reminded of a
feature you were going to fix if/when you do return.
I think ArmyKnife is a candidate for locate and layout updates once
those are stable in Haiku and ready for 3rd party app use.

Anyways enjoy life away from Haiku and know that you're always welcome back.

-scottmc