[haiku-development] Re: avcodec and ape_reader

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 07:35:38 -0700

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 4:56 AM, David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I added yasm 0.7.2 to buildtools for exactly that reason.
>
> I will add a shell script for haiku and BeOS soon.  linux should be
> just ./configure and make I think.

But that's not what I was suggesting at all...

(sorry if the following is incoherent, just woke up and haven't had
any coffee yet)

In any case, in my frustration last night (keeping my various build
environments working when, I did start working on a patch that allows
both of the build_cross_tools scripts to build yasm into the
generated/cross-tools/bin and then setup the BuildConfig to point to
it, and th AssembleNasm rule to use the BuildConfig variable to call
yasm rather than hardcoding it into the jam rules (this really should
be done anyway).

I am getting some of it working, but my shell scripting is pretty much
crap, and in order to make the BuildConfig working, I sort of need to
prefix yasm with i586-pc-haiku- which doesn't look good. Also, I
suppose it shouldn't bother compiling yasm when the target is non-x86,
so I would have to find a way to make that work, and finally, I
haven't tested the use of --cross-tools-prefix, which I suspect will
need a whole different plan. If the host is Haiku, there's even a
different solution required.

Anyhow, I'll keep hacking on it until I get something that works
smoothly here - I was able to at least build ape_reader with my setup,
but as Bruno pointed out, gcc2 is still choking on the libavc stuff it
seems. Unfortunately I had to hack BuildConfig directly as I haven't
gotten that part right yet.

- Urias