[haiku-development] Re: app_server: decor glitches...

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 14:59:25 -0500

back when I applied your Decor setting patch, I came across this loop in app_server which updates all open windows to the new Decorator (which BTW has some strange fall-back when it doesn't work for one window, which IMHO is a design bug in how this whole mechanism works respectively worked before your patch). But IIRC, stacked windows may not have their own Decorator anymore. Maybe this loop does not take it into account, yet?

Best regards,
-Stephan

I think I know what loop you're talking about... Now if I can only remember which one it was...

The behavior does make sense now, thanks Stephan!!

To Clemens:

Just look at DefaultDecorator, that IS the source of PhOSDecorator ;-) (for now) it is just stand-alone.

Sorry for the delay, Volvo blew a heater hose and a head-gasket (not sure which begat which, so I'll rebuilding the top half of my 850 this week... ), may find time to code while waiting for parts once I play catch up...

--The loon