[haiku-development] Re: alpha release window ?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 23:00:36 +0200 CEST

"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > IMO, the release should only contain software most of the targeted
> > audience will actually use, and not one to demo the capabilities of
> > Haiku alone.
> > Therefore, I would vote against including Clockwerk, but pro
> > WonderBrush, for example.
> But ClockWerk is actually usable. :)

I know it's usable, but that's not what I meant. I'm against including
it because I think most of the people using Haiku won't use it at all,
and if they would want to, it's just a download away.
I don't want to have a distribution that's flooded with software just
because it's good software.

But that's just my opinion anyway - Apple surely gives a light version
of iLife away with each Mac. But I would prefer to have only essential
apps in the distribution, apps almost anyone would (have to) download
anyway.

[...]
> & presentations. I know I may not have a voice here, but I wanted to
> say
> +1 to including ClockWerk anyway. :)

While this is haiku-development, I think all core Haiku members should
have a say in something like that.

> > I would also vote for removing CDPlayer for the alpha...
> Can MediaPlayer play CDs?

Yes, via the CDDA file system.

Bye,
   Axel.