[haiku-development] Re: a USBView

  • From: Pieter Panman <pieter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:09:40 +0100

Fredrik Modéen wrote:
That what's I thinking about also, but also that it can be host in the
Deskbar.

Yes and no, the thing with USB are that perhaps you would like to have
fast access to the USB view and as it uses BUSBRoster it have live update
of USB devices. USBView are MIT license and I uses OO programming as much
as I can so the code should have no problem to be used in both
application.

Perhaps a USBView should be hosted inside the Device Application so the
code can be used in Device and also be a Deskbar application USBView.
I don't want to spoil the fun, but have you seen http://www.bebits.com/app/3497? I think this does exactly what you are looking for and writing... It works in Haiku quite nicely. Maybe it can be improved?

About your code, each device type will have the option of supplying its own view for displaying data specific to that device. Maybe I can integrate your view, we'll see.

Regards,
Pieter