[haiku-development] Writing a driver in Haiku

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 13:04:07 +0200

Finally I hope to start working on code which doesn't require
rebooting to test changes all the time (ACPI, UEFI). Yay!  So I want
to ask how the best way would be to work on a ACPI related driver
under Haiku.

I can see three way but don't know what/how they are working after PM:
1) Compile file with gcc and place in unpackaged dir for drivers.
2) As 1) but compile as a driver Haiku build tree in case some 'magic'
is needed.
3) Compose and build a package

Any feedback on what works and how to go about it?

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH