[haiku-development] Re: Writing Device Drivers Publishing notes

  • From: Earl Pottinger <earl_colby_pottinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 21:33:26 -0700 (PDT)

I plan to, but you know the old saying: "Better have all others think you are a
fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Family problems have delay my response.
I am collecting some sample code and explanations to show what I am seeing.
Also I testing and removing some bugs in my own code that may account for some
of the problems I have seen.

One thing, I seem to have random crashes if I have a static array that is
greater than 256 MB inside my driver.  Is the a limit to how large a driver's
data section can be?--- On Fri, 4/15/11, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [haiku-development] Re: Writing Device Drivers  Publishing notes
To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Earl Pottinger <earl_colby_pottinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Device drivers /BFS do not work exactly as the docs I could find say
> they do!

It would definitely help to describe the problems you think you've
found :-)

Bye,
   Axel.