[haiku-development] Re: Write access to haiku-files.org?

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 14:59:01 +0000

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2009-07-06 at 12:21:01 [+0200], Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder who I need to contact in order to get FTP-access to
> > www.haiku-files.org?
>
> There's only ssh access AFAIK. Matt recently collected public ssh keys from
> developers and I believe he has access to all relevant accounts/servers so
> guess he can easily add anyone. I can ssh into haiku-files@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> too, so, if you send me your key, I can add you, too.
>
> > I'd like to upload several of the updated optional packages there,
> instead
> > of
> > having to separate them across different sites (my own and
> haiku-ports.de).
> >
> > What is the general opinion: shouldn't we limit the optional packages
> > referred to by our repository to haiku-files.org only?
> > Reducing the number of involved download sites should reduce the
> probability
> > of problems, I guess.
>
> Agreed, it should at least be the preferred location IMO.
>
> CU, Ingo

+1 for putting the HaikuOptionalPackages on haiku-files.org,
if for no other reason than the download speeds on haiku-files.org seems to
be a lot faster than downloads on haiku-ports.de.

If you have an account on HaikuPorts then you probably have ftp access to
haiku-ports.de, try using your haikuports username and password to login
there.  But we've been trying to only post binaries there that have the
.OptionalPackageDescription file included and if a new license, then a
matching license file in common/data/licenses.

-scottmc