[haiku-development] Re: Wrapping up R1 alpha 2

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 07:20:26 -0400

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> > ATM the script doesn't get the markup right. Only the most recent
>> unreviewed
>> > revisions are bold.
>>
>> Mmh, or maybe it's not the script. When editing the page, the markup is
>> there. Also when showing the page source in the browser there are
>> '<strong>'
>> tags. Still, none of the browsers I've tried (Firefox 3.5.9, Konqueror
>> 4.3.5,
>> WebPositive 444) shows any bold markup after the first nine table rows.
>>
>> CU, Ingo
>>

> The markup is broken after those rows. I formatted it manually to get a
> better look and I can see that it breaks after the 9th row.
>
> Specifically in the row for r36455 where the italic is used, the markup
> starts to get messed up in the following cell... and after that the tags are
> all incorrect.

>       <i>ok
>         <strong>
>         </strong>
>       </i>
>       <strong>
>
> With a closing </strong> tag being used in the next cell instead of an
> opening one etc... I have no idea what's causing the bug in the formatting.
> Just pointing it out.

Actually it's not the very next cell, as that one's empty... but look at
what happens in the first cell of the next row and so on after that...

    </strong>
    <a class="changeset" href="/changeset/36454" title="Fixed build with
GCC4">r36454
    </a>
    <strong>
    </strong>bluetooth
    <strong>

See how the tags are now opened with a closing tag, and closed with an
opening tag... that's the problem. It's just a matter of seeing what caused
the break... maybe something to do with whatever created the italic tags? (I
hate to speculate, sorry).

--
"You don't use science to show you're right, you use science to become
right." --xkcd