[haiku-development] Re: Wrapping up R1 alpha 2

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 18:47:53 +0200

For it to be public, its api should be stabilized. Is It ?

In an earlier r1a2 thread, Rene suggested:
{{{
    We could do something like what Be did where they're available in an
    experimental namespace to indicate that they may not stay ABI-stable
    in the future.
}}}

Actually it's not time for even that. Most of the API is not working and none of it is documented, I will work on that during the summer and it should be in better shape for alpha3 (or beta1). I think it's ok to have it hidden for now, even if it means external apps will be only in english...

Things I'd like to have done before r1a2 are only a complete set of HVIF flags for the locale preflet. The API can stay in its current shape. More localization (both more apps and translation of existing ones) would be nice.

We talked about that a little during BeGeistert : do you think we should bundle all the languages in the release, or only the ones that are fully translated ? I'm not sure on this, having half-translated system sounds bad but may motivate people to help with the translation...

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx