[haiku-development] Re: Would I Offend You Were I To Sell Haiku?

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 09:19:05 -0800 (PST)

Quoth Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>,
> So strictly speaking I would be creating a fork.

I think you could have left "strictly speaking" out - you sure will
be creating a fork, off a system that's a long ways from even beta.

I'm still curious where your application software is coming from, to
make a user platform that you can ask money for.  Do you actually
have this running?  I want to get me some of that!  I'm thinking of
the browser in particular, a critical super-application.  I'm really
optimistic - I mean, right now Haiku isn't even beta yet, so we can't
lose hope just because the applications aren't polished - but right now,
honestly you couldn't easily pay me to use Haiku as my only computing
platform, let alone ask me to pay you for it.  If you're basically
saying something like "if I were making $700 a year in Mike-u sales,
I'd be motivated to do that work myself", maybe I should look harder
at how much work is involved - tomorrow's a holiday and I don't have
much going on, maybe I'll do it!

        Donn