[haiku-development] Re: Working on Caya and Mail app for GSoC

  • From: Barrett <barrett666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 22:54:49 +0200

I have read the thread from the begin and it was much helpful...thanks to
everyone!

There is nothing preventing users to not use this API and this
>> compromises the whole approach, right? The user could just use tracker
>> or the terminal to confuse the add-ons.
>>

> I think what he is saying is that there would still be the FS, but the
> server will provide the backend of that FS, hosting also the add-ons. That
> approach seems doable to me. It allows to have more convenience user land
> APIs which interface directly with the server, and hosting the add-ons may
> be simpler to implement. Seeing Person files directly would still work via a
> dedicated FS, but tightly controlled via the server.

That is what i meant.

Actually i'm looking at the netfs code, it seems the only filesystem with a
server backend.

I'll do my proposal in the next days, thanks for the help!

Regards