[haiku-development] Re: Word-wise jumping with CTRL in BTextView

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 01:14:35 +0100

On 11/18/2012 07:40 PM, looncraz wrote:
"I'm aiming for consistency within Haiku while being compatible with
Windows/Linux, too. Just some more work needed to get there."

I'd say forget being Windows/Linux compatible.  BeOS was great exactly
because it made no attempts to do exactly that.

Yeah, BeOS copied from MacOS instead. :-P

Then again, I *HATE* Windows/Linux keyboard shortcuts... BeOS was WAY
better (basically just swapped Alt & Ctrl, but it was much better for
rapid typing...).

Good for you. AFAIU Oliver's intention is to leave the behavior in case of the BeOS/Haiku modifier mode unchanged, while making the Linux/Windows mode compatible with those OSs. Almost everyone who uses those OSs, too, will be happy not having to reset their muscle memory every time they switch the OS (save for the Terminal *sigh*).

CU, Ingo