[haiku-development] Re: WonderBrush has a Filter menu now

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:42:01 +0200

On 2008-10-20 at 10:57:37 [+0200], Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> WonderBrush used to be missing it's Filter menu (besides the Object menu).
> I was once looking for this bug all day. Now it is suddenly fixed. Anyone
> any idea which commit did this? :-)
>
> Also related: When changing the enabled/disabled state of a menu super
> item, the redraws where not covering the whole menu item when the label was
> also changed (as happened when WonderBrush switched languages at startup).
> This works fine now as well.
>
> Could all this have been symptoms of the "Perform()" problem?

If you had compiled WonderBrush in Haiku and it also had those problems,
then definitely not. Otherwise maybe. At least all GetPreferredSize()
methods that invoked PreferredSize() returned more or less arbitrary values
when running BeOS-compiled apps. That would surely account for
layout-related problems. I haven't check whether any classes besides BSlider
were affected, though, nor whether other ones of the new methods were used
in a problematic way.

CU, Ingo