[haiku-development] Re: Window locking bug?

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:21:42 -0500

Hi Axel,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Rene,
>

>  "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > I was trying to run SpaceMonitor on Haiku and got the following
>  > backtrace:
>  > Looper must be locked!
>  [...]
>
> > As far as I remember, BWindows are supposed to construct themselves
>  > locked...this shouldn't fail here, should it?
>
>  BWindows are definitely locked, otherwise other apps would run into the
>  same problem.
>  Probably something unlocks the window somewhere - the source code of
>  this application isn't available by any chance?

Unfortunately it isn't...it works correctly in R5 though. How is the
owner set up in a freshly constructed window? I notice _InitData sets
it to B_ERROR, and also sets fCachedStack to 0, so unless something
else is happening in between that I'm missing,  BLooper::check_lock
cannot possibly succeed.

Regards,

Rene