[haiku-development] Willing to try

  • From: Ivan <ivan.l@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 12:05:43 +0300

Hi,

I've been reading this list for some time and finally decided to introduce
myself. I'm a programmer, age 31, with background in Pascal/C/C++, lately
my job was connected with a proprietary DBMS/ERP system, writing modules in
its C-like language. Over the years I worked/toyed with Turbo Vision
(remember this?), Delphi, C++ Builder, MFC, used Win32 API directly for
most of my utilities; learned (at least syntax of) some less common
languages like Forth, ML, Lisp; have a good deal of experience with x86
assembly language -- from i8080 (sic) to i386. So I guess you may call me
an "advanced IBM PC programmer". :-) Web development, also.
HTML/ASP/VB/PHP. Recent occupation got me involved in databases, SQL, etc.

So I'd like to try to be useful to Haiku development communitu. I've read
the Getting Started page but it's not very detailed so I figured I can
simply ask here -- what software do I need to install on a P4/2GB/Windows
machine to develop for Haiku? I heard BeOS doesn't run on more than 1 GB
RAM? Thanks in advance and sorry for the dumb question. :-) I think I can
devote around 10 hours per week to this project but if it gets interesting
noone can tell.

All the best,
Ivan
ivan.l@xxxxxxx