[haiku-development] Re: Why not C bindings?

  • From: "Wayne Peter Corwin" <wayne.peter.corwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 12:35:54 +0200

At Sunday, September 07, 2014 at 10:20 AM, "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>

> > If a BeOS derivative wasn't already obscure enough, a fork would be long
> > overdue...
>
> Yes, too late for you to go away and fork the project. At least its not
> too late to just go away. You can always do that much.

I just decided I'll stick around for a few years. How about that, Assmus [1]?

Now I'll keep going forward with my attempt to learn the package manager
internals, to fix what's broken.

- wpc

[1] It's well known that C++ tends to attract the wrong kind of people. I think
https://github.com/haiku/haiku/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=A%C3%9Fmus&type=Code are
good examples of "let's write some C++ code that makes it looks like I'm
productive and makes use of many 'great abstractions', event though it only
serves to increased compile times."