[haiku-development] Why no close_module_list()?

  • From: Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 18:59:40 -0500

Hi all,

I was looking around in src/add-ons/kernel/network/stack/stack.cpp and at
several places, I can see calls open_module_list() but I can't see the
corresponding close_module_list().  So I thought I would try to add them;
it works and all.. but.. where I would have expected ressources to be
free'd, after a fresh boot, net_server takes a whole extra MB of memory.
 Someone could light my lantern on this?  Why does it seem better to
actually leave resources allocated behind?

--
Philippe