[haiku-development] Re: Who wants to help develop a Haiku native web browser?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 23:20:03 -0500

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Skar Cat <skarmiglione.sk4r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> is chrome hard to port to haiku? or can help to write the haiku  native
> browser? i suggest it is a great browser for isnpiration on a browser for
> haiku.

Yes I liked Chrome from the day I first tried it and I agree the
design seems very appropriate for Haiku. But as I said in my first
email there is a lot of code that makes Chrome what it is, and I think
for the moment it will be easier to start with a simple Haiku-specific
browser. There is some Chrome code I want to use soon though, such as
that for the Omnibar, which I think can be ported to Haiku easily.

Don't worry, Chrome will be a big inspiration for the browser I want
to write for Haiku :)

Regards,
Ryan