[haiku-development] Re: Where to place EFI headers and glue code in tree?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 14:06:06 +0200 (CEST)

> On July 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> I'm planning to add EFI headers, linker script and one or two source
> files (platform dependent glue code: start function, relocation code)
> in 'my' tree.
>
> If I try to place it according to current tree I guess I'd put
> * headers in headers/libs/efi (with platform subdirs)
> * linker script in src/system/ldscripts (probably platform subdir needed)
> * glue code in src/system/glue/efi (platform subdir needed)
>
> Is this the right way to go?

I don't think so: with the exception of ldscripts the locations you mention are
for system wide things, not boot related stuff.
IOW you should probably put them all below src/system/boot/platform/efi/ (except
the ldscript as mentioned).
EFI headers that need to be reached from other places than the boot loader
itself can be put into headers/private/kernel/boot/platform/efi.

Did I understood you correctly or am I missing something? :-)

Bye,
   Axel.