[haiku-development] Re: What's the status of Haiku?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:07:23 +0200

On 22.08.2014 19:24, Sia Lang wrote:
Not all, but enough to give a fair assessment. I've done kernel work in
Linux since 1997 and five years in NetBSD. That gives me a pretty good
idea about the driver situation.

You obviously have a different way to judge code quality then.
People writing drivers are rarely people who work on the actual kernel, anyway. That would certainly improve things.

But for all I know you're a genius who could improve all the Linux
drivers over the weekend, to new heights.

Where did you get that idea from? If I were a genius, Haiku would be long done.

I just know that if I would work at Intel and would be paid to develop that driver, I would do a better job at it. And since I'm really not that good, the obvious explanation is that those developers are even worse.

Bye,
   Axel.