[haiku-development] Re: What security framework is planned?

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:36:39 +0100

Hi Xan,

Xan wrote (2008-01-30, 19:26:10 [+0100]):
> François Revol wrote:
> > There isn't anything planned that I know of.
> > The first stage would be to actually implement POSIX users correctly,
> > before trying to do anything fancy and non-standard.
> >
> Thanks for answering.
> I just want to know.
> It's clear that it will be after R1 (and possible after R2)
>
> good luck for this good project,

thank you for your encouragement. Just to be clear - we do care about the
issue, we probably have to look closely at some stuff later. Like libbe.so
<-> app_server communication and all the translators to name just a few
potential problem areas. But at the moment we have just more pressing
issues. Are you interested in looking at some code or possibly contributing
some? :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan