[haiku-development] Re: What security framework is planned?

  • From: Xan <dxpublica@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:26:10 +0100

François Revol wrote:
Following this [http://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum
/
what_security_framework_is_planned_dac_mac_grsec_pax_selinux_porting_to
_haiku]
recommendation, I post this question in this list:

Hi,

I just want to know what security framework is planned to Haiku will have. Is there any planning about implement any DAC framework (like selinux or grsec), any prevented buffer overflow tool (like pax), ... in general about security?

If not, what framework do you like to be ported in Haiku? ;-)

There isn't anything planned that I know of.
The first stage would be to actually implement POSIX users correctly, before trying to do anything fancy and non-standard.

François.

Thanks for answering.
I just want to know.
It's clear that it will be after R1 (and possible after R2)

good luck for this good project,
Xan.